Class Level 1
Our level 1 training course was specifically designed to provide a basic level of knowledge to operators entering the towing and recovery profession.
Our goal is to provide the student with fundamentals to make their job safer and more efficient. This level will provide you with a solid understanding of what is required of a towing and recovery operator. You will learn topics such as parts of a tow truck, resistance, wire rope, chain and strap ratings, recovery and towing capacity.
If you would like to set up an in-house training course for your team of operators or dispatchers, please give us a call to discuss.
Who Should Attend
- Operators looking to acquire a working knowledge of the towing and recovery field.
- Dispatchers who would like a better understanding of what towing operators are exposed to.
- Sales personnel who would like more insight into what their customer’s needs are.
- Individuals considering a career change into the field of towing and recovery.
This is not a pre-requisite course, if this is your first class with WreckMaster you have the option of starting at our level 1 or our level 2/3 class.
There are no pre-requisites for this class other than a state or provincially issued drivers licence and any operator with any skill level or experience level can attend this class.
We recommend that operators looking for advanced towing and recovery training begin at our Level 2/3 course
Additional Items Provided and Designation
- Training package with training work book and WreckMaster pen.
- DVD Training Video.
- Upon successful completion of the training exam students will receive a Level 1 Certification, WreckMaster ID number, WreckMaster shoulder crest.
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
We ask that you arrive no later than 7:45 am.